What is the features 4G obile broadband internet technology ?
by team elakal
Social Media : The 4G mobile broadband internet technology is the latest invention in the mobile broadband field .In telecommunications, 4G is the fourth generation of cell phone mobile communications standards. It is a successor of the third generation (3G) standards. A 4G system provides mobile ultra-broadband Internet access,
for example to laptops with USB wireless modems, to smartphones, and to other mobile devices. Conceivable applications include amended mobile web access, IP telephony, gaming services, high-definition mobile TV, video conferencing and 3D television.
4G will have broader bandwidth, higher data rate, and smoother and quicker handoff and will focus on ensuring seamless service across a multitude of wireless systems and networks. The key concept is integrating the 4G capabilities with all of the existing mobile technologies through advanced technologies.
The majority of internet users choose a particular ISP over another because of the speed it offers. If your major reason for using the internet is speed, then there is no reason why you wouldn’t love the 4G internet technology.
One thing about most forms of broadband internet technology despite their great speed is their security weakness. A lot of them have one or two features that make them highly vulnerable and even though the 4G internet technology is not perfect when it comes to security it has been designed in a way that makes it cover the weakness of other technologies.
Features of 4G Wireless Systems
The following are some possible features of the 4G systems :
1. Support interactive multimedia, voice, video, wireless internet and other broadband services.
2. High speed, high capacity and low cost per bit.
3. Global mobility, service portability, scalable mobile networks.
4. Seamless switching, variety of services based on Quality of Service (QoS) requirements
5. Better scheduling and call admission control techniques.
6. Ad hoc networks and multi-hop networks.
Some new challenges in 4G
1. Multi-access interface, timing and recovery.
2. Higher frequency reuse leads to smaller cells that may cause intra-cell interference or higher noise figures due to reduced power levels.
3. The Digital to analog conversions at high data rates, multiuser detection and estimation (at base stations), smart antennas and complex error control techniques as well dynamic routing will need sophisticated signal processing.
4. Issues in the interface with the ad hoc networks should be sorted out. 4G systems are expected to interact with other networks like the Bluetooth, hiperlan, IEEE802.11b, etc.
5. Voice over multi-hop networks is likely to be an interesting problem because of the strict delay requirements of voice.
6. Security will be an important issue.
7. A new IP protocol might be needed because of the variable QoS services and the network should do " better than best " effort.
8. Networking protocols that adapt dynamically to the changing channel conditions.
9. Seamless roaming and seamless transfer of services.